The end of IGM
In connection with the faculty mergers and department restructuring taking place during 2012, the latest news about our Department of Basic Sciences and Environment (IGM) being split up, is that IGM ceases to exist as a department on 1. june 2012.
All employees at IGM are being re-located to other departments. So, adminstratively we end up in the following places (faculty in parantheses).
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Food Science
- Department of Human Nutrition
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- The Niels Bohr Institute
- Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Department of Public Health
(Health and Medical Sciences, Cph City)
- Department of Veterinary Disease Biology
(Health and Medical Sciences, Frederiksberg)
- Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology
(Health and Medical Sciences, Østerbro)
But, due to a lot of building going on at the university (several major research centres being build in three locations), many of us will for quite a while, still geographically be located at the Frederiksberg Campus in our old offices.
Readmore here about the new Faculty of Science, and the new Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences both of which are going to be recipients of IGM employees.